Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Get to Know Me

Ephraim and I have been married for twenty-seven years, we have five children and two twin granddaughters. Four of our children attended Red Deer Public schools.

Education
I obtained a computer programming degree in 1979.

Work
I have been teaching computer courses to children and adults since 1982, including teachers, Education Assistants, School Secretaries, support staff and Librarians. I presently teach computer software courses for Red Deer College, Continuing Education department on a part-time basis.

 Board Positions and Experiences
  • Foundation for Red Deer Public Schools Jan 2011 - present
  • Marketing Director for Foundations for RDP Jan. 2013 - present
  • President of the board of the Red Deer Branch, AGS Oct 2010- Feb 2013
  • Central Alberta Historical Society 2011 - present
  • Vice President of the board of the Central Alberta Historical Society 2012 - present
  • Red Deer Centennial committee board member 2012 - present 
  • GOST Swimming board for several years. Vice President for 1 year. President for 1 year.
  • District Commissioner for Girl Guides of Canada for three years in British Columbia.
  • President of a children's [18 months to 11 years] program for two years.
  • I have been a counsellor and President of a Young Woman program for several years.
 Speaking
  • I speak at youth conferences for groups of 25 to 250 participants.
  • I have presented and spoke for Women's and Genealogical Conferences.
Volunteer Positions
  • All of the board experience listed above was volunteer.
  • My husband and I have recently spent two and a half years working with the Young Adults in the Red Deer area who attend our church.
  • I have volunteered for thirteen years for Girl Guides of Canada in British Columbia, as a Lone Guider, and two years in Alberta.

No comments: